Yes, it’s true that sitting for long hours can lead to lower back pain. It causes pressure and stress on the back and as a result, you suffer from lower back pain.
Lower back pain is also referred to as lumbago. The lower back portion of our body is called the lumbar region so we can also say that it’s lumbar pain.
When you keep working for hours sitting on your laptop, it not only affects your eyes but your back too. This is common if you follow the wrong sitting posture or do not walk after the break. Working adults are mostly affected due to back pain conditions. Moreover, pregnant women face the same because ligaments turn softer.
To help you people who are suffering from lower back pain, we have found some of the back-pain exercises that will give you relief from back pain.
1) Glute Bridge
Keep your glue active with this exercise. It targets the gluteal muscle and makes them stronger. In addition, it can alleviate knee and back pain. It’s one of the most effective back strengthening exercises.
- Bend your knees while lying down on them with your back and heels touching the floor
- Next, move your hips to your shoulders to bring it and knees in a single straight line. Make sure to keep the glutes tight.
- Stay in the same position for 8 to 10 seconds. Now, rest the hips on the floor gradually with the interval of 5 seconds
- Repeat this for ten times and it’s better to do at least 3 sets.
- Don’t mistake of overarching when the hips are above the ground.
2) Hamstring Stretches
Hamstring stretches are ideal back strengthening exercises to increase flexibility and mobility in the hip. It also reduces the pressure and tension in the lower back. Loosening of the hamstring muscles will also decrease the chances of injury.
● With your back on the floor, bend your knees.
● Lock your towel around the toes of the straightened leg.
● Bring your back gradually on the towel but let your knee straighten. You might feel some stretch on the back so avoid overstretching it too.
● You have to maintain the same position for half minutes and repeat this for give times using your leg one by one. For high endurance, it is advised to do three sets.
3) Wall Sits
Wall sits are beneficial for your quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and calves. It is one of the easiest lower back pain exercises to do. In addition, this can improve your posture, stability, and muscular endurance.
- Keeping the back against the wall, stand with at least 6-8 inches of distance against it.
- Make sure your spine stays flat and then lean on the wall.
- Now, you have to slide keeping the knees bent. Come in a position when the hips and knees stay straight.
- Be in the same position for half minutes and slide your back up. Perform 5-6 sets for better results.
4) Knee to Chest
For stretching your hip and the lower back, knee to chest lower back exercise can be done. It alleviates pressure on your spinal nerves too and thus, yields relief from lower back pain.
- Keeping the feet on the floor and knees bent, lie down and bring your right knee to the chest
- Don’t let the other leg move. You have to keep it flat.
- Maintain the same position for 20-30 seconds. While doing this, your lower back has to be in contact to the floor.
- Repeat the same with left leg by bringing down the right knee
- With each leg, do the exercise for 5 times in 3 sets
There are many other back pain exercises that you can do. For instance, toe-touching, sit-ups, and many more. It’s better to consult a physical trainer who will help you in choosing right exercise for you.
Along with doing all these back pain exercises to lower back pain, they will keep you active throughout the day. These can also improve your daily lifestyle and increasing energy.
However, don’t forget to use Moov Diclofenac Gel. It acts instantly on your target source and reduce the pain immediately.